Salmon & Trout Recipes
- 1/4 cup Melted Butter
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 4 tbsp Sherry Wine
Melt the butter and add brown sugar, soy sauce to the melted butter. Slowly add sherry wine until blended. Pour over fish fillets and let marinate for about 30 minutes. Cook on stove Med/High in a skillet for about 7 minutes each side.
Sweet Cajun Salmon
- 4 Salmon Fillets (salt & season to taste)
- 6 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1/3 cup Honey
Seasoning Mix for Cajun Seasoning
- 2 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Black Cracked Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
1. Mix Cajon Seasoning Ingredients in a bowl.
2. Beat butter for 2 minutes using an electric hand mixer until light and fluffy.
3. Blend honey and cream in a blender until smooth. Add 1 tbsp of Cajun seasoning you mixed (the remaining seasoning can be kept for up to 3 months in an airtight container).
4. Pat Salmon fillets with paper towel on all sides
5. Cook Salmon 6-8 minutes on each side on a grill or pan. Remove from the grill or heat source.
6. Spread a generous amount of Cajun Honey Butter over each slice
7. Allow the butter to melt for 30 seconds, then spread it over the salmon using the back of a spoon. Turn it over and do the same on the other side.
8. Garnish with chopped cilantro or parsley and serve immediately.
Bite Size Snacks
- Skinless Salmon or Trout Fillets
- Ritz Crackers
- Egg Wash
- Orville Reddenbocker butter flavored popcorn oil
Cut fish into 1" pieces. Dip in egg wash. Then roll in crushed ritz crackers. Pay fry in oil, rotating to cook on all sides.
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 16 oz Cream Cheese
- 1 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 1/2 tbsp Dried Dill Weed
- 3/4 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Liquid Smoke
- 1 tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Horseradish
- 1 1/2 lbs Smoked Salmon
1. Combine all ingredients in a food processer and pulse until you get desired consistency/texture.
2. Chill at least 2 hours
3. Serve with Fresh Veggies, Crackers or Bagels
Bacon Wrapped Salmon
- 1 Skinless Salmon Fillet
- Favorite BBQ Seasoning
- 12 Bacon Slices (cut in half)
- 1 cup Honey (for basting)
- Chives (for garnish)
- Sesame Seeds (for garnish)
- Sliced Red Peppers (for garnish)
Super Hot Sauce:
- 1/2 cup Sriracha Sauce
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 1/2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp Chili Paste
- 1 1/2 tbsp Honey
- 2 tsp Minced Garlic
- 2 tsp Ginger Paste
1. Cut salmon filet into 1.5"-2" Cubes
2. Wrap each cube with 1/2 bacon slice and secure with a toothpick
3. Add your favorite BBQ seasoning to the salmon bites
4. Preheat smoker to 250, smoke salmon 30-40 minutes until they reach 145 degrees internal temp. As the salmon cooks baste with honey every 10 minutes.
5. Finish the salmon with the super hot sauce
6. In a skillet add olive oil and minced garlic, let garlic brown for 1-2 minutes and then add the rest of the ingredients.
7. Stir until bubbling, pull of heat and let cool. Add a spoonfull to the salmon bites for that extra kick.
8. Add chives, sesame seeds, and red pepper flakes for garnish to each bite.
Salmon or Trout Ceviche
- 3/4 tbsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Cummin
- 1/4 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 cup Lime Juice (Fresh)
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp Sugar
- 1/4 cup Fresh Chopped Cilantro
- 1/2 cup Red Onion Chopped
- 1 tbsp Diced Garlic
- 1 Tomato Diced
- 1/2 tsp Chili Paste
- 1 fish fillet (Salmon or Trout)
1. Combine ingredients
2. Thinly slice Salmon or Trout. Fresh fillets are the best.
3. Add fish to combined ingredients and enjoy
Chipotle Maple Cedar Smoked Salmon
- 1 Food Safe Cedar Plank Board (made for grilling)
- Maple Syrup
- Olive Oil
Dry Rub Ingredients (Save what you don't use in a sealed container for later use)
- Brown Sugar
- Chili Powder
1. Soak Cedar Plank for 30-60 minutes
2. Coat fish fillet with Olive Oil and generously apply the dry rub
3. Pre-heat grill
4. Grill Salmon on cedar plank on direct heat, cooking for aprox 12-15 minutes, watching for flames. Cook until fish reached 125 deg internal temp.
5. Move plank with salmon to indirect heat side of grill
6. Add maple syrup to coat fish and let sit for 1-2 mintues to caramelize and allow fish to get to 130 degrees (leave grill top open)
7. Remove from heat and let rest for 5 minutes.